Wednesday 11 September 2013

An Adventure in Arse Avoidance

It has recently been brought to my attention - quite forcefully - that not everybody knows How To Not Be An Arse. I felt obliged to tackle this pervasive societal issue using thoughts from my own brain (and MS Paint).
Box Tickers' Guide To Not Being An Arse
Image
Image
That's it. They are the only things you need do in order for me to consider you Not An Arse.
I accept that sometimes it might be necessary to cause hurt. Relationships end, surgeons cut people open, and mistakes are pointed out. So long as discomfort is acknowledged and minimised as much as possible, you are Not An Arse.
I accept that sometimes people have good intentions, but are thoughtless or ignorant. So long as you listen, learn and try not to repeat the harmful thing, then you are also Not An Arse.
What else makes you Not An Arse? Pointing out to somebody, politely, that they are being a...
Image
If you have different criteria for judging bottomosity, then that is fine. I only ask that, when interacting with me, you try to be Not An Arse in the way I have specified, and in return I will do my best to avoid your own definition of bumdom.
Yours as un-backsidedly as possible,
BT x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick my boxes, baby, and leave me a comment...